Best Super Bowl Appetizer
Cranberry BBQ Meatballs
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian Herbs
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- 1 pound of cranberries take out seeds
- 1 cup of water
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (175 degrees C).
- Mix together the hamburger, bread crumbs, eggs, pepper, garlic powder, Italian Herbs and ketchup. Form into small balls and bake for 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan over low heat, combine the cranberries, brown sugar and water, bring to boil and then let it simmer for 5min, remove from heat and let it cool off, blend and put back on the pan
- Add barbecue sauce and lemon juice. Simmer and stir until smooth. Add meat balls and simmer for I hour. Serve warm.
- Now enjoy with your friends, take a photo, rate it, and share them!
There was a big Super Bowl appetizer Throw-down over at Ready Made Dinners put together by the National Association of Caters and Events
— Local chefs created their best appetizer. The winning dish with the title of ‘2015 Best Super Bowl Appetizer.’ Chef Alex Cranberry BBQ Meatballs.