The Ultimate Comfort Food
Prepare the Ultimate Comfort Food for your Family with this Amazing Super Mac ‘n Cheese Recipe from Chef Alex!
Chef Alex Super Mac 'n Cheese
Author: Chef Alex
Recipe type: Pasta
Serves: 6 servings
Prepare the ultimate comfort food for your family with this incredible recipe for Mac 'n Cheese
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 pieces bacon, diced, cooked,
- 1 tablespoon bacon fat
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound Macaroni pasta, cooked
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp. melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place garlic in a large saute pan and drizzle with olive oil over medium heat.
- Roast 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add reserved bacon fat and saute for 1 minute.
- Add flour and stir for 1 minute.
- Whisk in heavy cream, dry mustard and thyme. Reduce by a third.
- Stir in cheeses until melted, creamy and thickened.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and gently stir in pasta.
- Place in a 9X13 casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together diced bacon, bread crumbs and butter.
- Top Mac n Cheese with Panko mixture and bake uncovered at same heat until bubbling and lightly browned on top
- Courtesy Guy Fieri May 2008
- Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/guy-fieri/mac-daddy-mac-n-cheese-recipe.html?oc=linkback
Nutrition InformationServing size: 1 Calories: 822 Fat: 31 g Saturated fat: 23 g Carbohydrates: 42 g Sugar: 3.1 g Sodium: 480 mg Fiber: 2.9 g Protein: 34 g Cholesterol: 293.5 mg